Do you love puppies and kittens? Do you hate taxes and wasteful government spending? Do you sweat the details, enjoy working with a team, and dig a fast-paced startup culture?
If you answered yes, read on: this is your dream career opportunity. We’re looking for a Campaigns Assistant to help us build the future today.
What We’re Looking For: A Campaigns Assistant to assist with day-to-day campaign support for the White Coat Waste Project (WCW). S/he will work remotely from home and closely with the Senior Vice President for Advocacy and Public Policy and other remote employees and consultants. Must be fully committed to our bipartisan and strictly single-issue mission of ending wasteful government spending on taxpayer-funded animal experiments. Strong interest in issue advocacy, politics, public affairs, animal advocacy, or pro-liberty causes.
Why You Want This Job: WCW is a taxpayer watchdog and bipartisan coalition of 3 million liberty lovers and animal lovers. WCW was the first organization to expose Dr. Fauci’s beagle experiments and runs the #BeagleGate campaign to end them. WCW was also the first to expose U.S. taxpayer funding for animal experiments at the Wuhan lab — the suspected source of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Glenn Greenwald says: “More than any other group, it is WCW that has elevated the cause of stopping these horrific government experimentations on dogs and puppies into the mainstream political conversation.” BuzzFeed says WCW “is writing a controversial new activist playbook — and it’s unclear whether anyone can control the forces that it has helped to unleash.”
Our high-profile campaigns at the Dept. of Veterans Affairs, USDA, FDA, NIH, EPA, and more, have cut government experimentation on dogs and cats to its lowest-ever level and secured the first-ever federal policies to retire and release survivors. WCW was honored as the Public Affairs Campaign of the Year by the American Association of Political Consultants and awarded the LUSH Prize as the world’s top public awareness campaign about animal testing. Our work has been featured on the front cover of USA Today, the New York Times, NBC, Fox News, Time, People, Science Magazine, and many more.
The Campaigns Assistant is responsible for specific duties that include (but aren’t limited to) the following:
- Campaign Management: Assist with day-to-day advocacy efforts for a portfolio of WCW campaigns and initiatives.
- Research and Investigations: Assist the WCW research team with white papers, reports, and investigations.
- Public Policy: Coordinate campaign efforts with WCW’s public policy team to educate Members of Congress (MOCs), Capitol Hill staff, and other decision-makers.
- Marketing: Coordinate campaign efforts with WCW’s marketing team to educate supporters via social media posts, graphics, videos, blogs, and other online content
- Grassroots: Assist with action alerts, outbound emails, call-in-days, petitions, tele-town halls, etc.
- Communications: Coordinate campaign efforts with WCW’s communications team to maximize visibility in earned media, Op-Eds, letters-to-the-editor, and more.
- Miscellaneous: Additional relevant duties, as assigned.
A competitive candidate will have the following background, knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- At least one year of work or internship experience in issue advocacy, grassroots campaigns, media, nonprofit organizations, Capitol Hill, and/or political campaigns.
- Demonstrated interest in public policy, animal advocacy/protection, pro-liberty causes, transparency and accountability in government, and/or politics.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to proactively anticipate our campaign needs.
- Critical thinking skills. You’re able to identify and resolve problems quickly and spot opportunities to advance our goals.
- Excellent written skills. You don’t miss the main point or “bury the lede” in your Campaigns…ever.
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office applications. Digital content creation skills (e.g., blogging, videos, graphics) are a plus.
- Entrepreneurial “take charge” spirit and a positive attitude. You must be an independent, proactive self-starter and relish a startup work culture.
- Washington, DC metro-area candidates preferred.
Compensation: This is a full-time, work-from-home/anywhere, salaried position that includes vacation/personal days and health benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience; the pay range starts at $35,000.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, references, and salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject line: Campaigns Assistant. Please note: we will only consider applicants who submit all of these requirements.