Do you love puppies and kittens? Do you hate taxes and wasteful government spending? Do you sweat the details, enjoy working with a team, and dig a fast-paced startup culture?
If you answered yes, read on: this is your dream career opportunity. We’re looking for a Bookkeeper to help us build the future today.
What We’re Looking For: A Bookkeeper to track and manage financial records, provide day-to-day QuickBooks management, and produce financial reports. S/he will work remotely from home and closely with the Operations Manager and other remote employees and consultants. Must be fully committed to our bipartisan and strictly single-issue mission of ending wasteful government spending on taxpayer-funded animal experiments. Strong interest in issue advocacy, politics, public affairs, animal advocacy, or pro-liberty causes.
Why You Want This Job: WCW is a taxpayer watchdog and bipartisan coalition of 3 million liberty lovers and animal lovers. WCW was the first organization to expose Dr. Fauci’s beagle experiments and runs the #BeagleGate campaign to end them. WCW was also the first to expose U.S. taxpayer funding for animal experiments at the Wuhan lab — the suspected source of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Glenn Greenwald says: “More than any other group, it is WCW that has elevated the cause of stopping these horrific government experimentations on dogs and puppies into the mainstream political conversation.” BuzzFeed says WCW “is writing a controversial new activist playbook — and it’s unclear whether anyone can control the forces that it has helped to unleash.”
Our high-profile campaigns at the Dept. of Veterans Affairs, USDA, FDA, NIH, EPA, and more, have cut government experimentation on dogs and cats to its lowest-ever level and secured the first-ever federal policies to retire and release survivors. WCW was honored as the Public Affairs Campaign of the Year by the American Association of Political Consultants and awarded the LUSH Prize as the world’s top public awareness campaign about animal testing. Our work has been featured on the front cover of USA Today, the New York Times, NBC, Fox News, Time, People, Science Magazine, and many more.
The Bookkeeper is responsible for specific duties that include (but aren’t limited to) the following:
- Oversee and coordinate all QuickBooks and bank account reconciliations, invoices and accounts payable/receivable, reimbursements, payroll, and general account management.
- Update, track, and provide regular financial reports for the President.
- Serve as a staff liaison to outside accounting firms, auditors, and attorneys. Assist with preparation of required schedules and other governance/compliance needs (990s, lobbying disclosure forms, etc.).
- Miscellaneous: Additional relevant projects, tasks, and duties, as assigned.
A competitive candidate will have the following background, knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in non-profit bookkeeping and operations/finances.
- Proven ability to track multiple projects and manage “moving parts” in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Detail-oriented, detail-oriented, detail-oriented. As the last set of eyes on many important documents, spreadsheets, and forms, you’re all about “dotting the i’s” and “crossing the t’s.”
- Strong knowledge of QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel, and other standard business applications.
- Outstanding internal communication skills.
- Critical thinking skills. You’re able to identify and resolve problems quickly within office systems.
- Entrepreneurial “take charge” spirit and a positive attitude. You must be an independent, proactive self-starter and relish a startup work culture.
- Washington, DC metro-area candidates preferred.
Compensation: This is a full-time, work-from-home/anywhere, salaried staff position that includes vacation/personal days and health benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience; the pay range starts at $40,000.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, references, and salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject line: Bookkeeper. Please note: we will only consider applicants who submit all of these requirements.