Do you love puppies and kittens? Do you hate taxes and wasteful government spending? Do you sweat the details, enjoy working with a team, and dig a fast-paced startup culture?
If you answered yes, read on: this is your dream career opportunity. We’re looking for a Digital Marketing Assistant to help us build the future today.
What We’re Looking For: A Digital Marketing Assistant to provide day-to-day digital support for White Coat Waste Project (WCW). S/he will work remotely from home and closely with the VP of Online Fundraising, and other remote employees and consultants. Must be fully committed to our bipartisan and strictly single-issue mission of ending wasteful government spending on taxpayer-funded animal experiments. Strong interest in issue advocacy, politics, public affairs, animal advocacy, or pro-liberty causes.
Why You Want This Job: WCW is a taxpayer watchdog and bipartisan coalition of 3 million liberty lovers and animal lovers. WCW was the first organization to expose Dr. Fauci’s beagle experiments and runs the #BeagleGate campaign to end them. WCW was also the first to expose U.S. taxpayer funding for animal experiments at the Wuhan lab — the suspected source of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Glenn Greenwald says: “More than any other group, it is WCW that has elevated the cause of stopping these horrific government experimentations on dogs and puppies into the mainstream political conversation.” BuzzFeed says WCW “is writing a controversial new activist playbook — and it’s unclear whether anyone can control the forces that it has helped to unleash.”
Our high-profile campaigns at the Dept. of Veterans Affairs, USDA, FDA, NIH, EPA, and more, have cut government experimentation on dogs and cats to its lowest-ever level and secured the first-ever federal policies to retire and release survivors. WCW was honored as the Public Affairs Campaign of the Year by the American Association of Political Consultants and awarded the LUSH Prize as the world’s top public awareness campaign about animal testing. Our work has been featured on the front cover of USA Today, the New York Times, NBC, Fox News, Time, People, Science Magazine, and many more.
The Digital Marketing Assistant is responsible for specific duties that include (but aren’t limited to) the following:
- Email Marketing: Assist with production, coding, and deployment of email campaigns for fundraising and advocacy.
- Production: Assist with building and managing landing pages, donation pages, and other ongoing processes to support digital marketing efforts
- Content Development: Work with the team to draft email copy, graphics, and other online content.
- Social Media: Help prepare posts for Change.org and help manage online engagement across social media platforms.
- Miscellaneous: Additional relevant project management and duties, as assigned.
A competitive candidate will have the following background, knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- At least one year of work or internship experience in digital marketing, email marketing, design, social media management, or content production for advocacy groups, non-profits, or political campaigns.
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office applications, proficiency in Excel, and software in a Mac OS X environment.
- Familiarity with WordPress, graphic design, or video editing tools is a plus.
- Familiarity with HTML for email and landing pages is a plus.
- Demonstrated interest in public policy, government relations, grassroots campaigns, animal advocacy, stakeholder engagement, and/or politics
- Strong attention to detail and ability to proactively anticipate our campaign needs.
- Critical thinking skills. You’re able to identify and resolve problems quickly and spot opportunities to advance our goals.
- Excellent written skills. You don’t miss the main point or “bury the lede” in your communications…ever.
- Entrepreneurial “take charge” spirit and a positive attitude. You must be an independent, proactive self-starter and relish a startup work culture.
Compensation: This is a full-time, work-from-home/anywhere, salaried staff position that includes vacation/personal days and health benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience; the pay range starts at $35,000.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, references, and salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject line: Digital Marketing Assistant. Please note: we will only consider applicants who submit all of these requirements.