Do you love puppies and kittens? Do you hate taxes and wasteful government spending? Do you sweat the details, enjoy working with a team, and dig a fast-paced startup culture?
If you answered yes, read on: this is your dream career opportunity. We’re looking for a Research and Investigations Assistant to help us build the future today.
What We’re Looking For: A Research and Investigations Assistant to assist with day-to-day support for the White Coat Waste Project (WCW). S/he will work remotely from home and work closely with the Research and Investigations Manager and other remote employees and consultants. Must be fully committed to our bipartisan and strictly single-issue mission of ending wasteful government spending on taxpayer-funded animal experiments. Strong interest in issue advocacy, politics, public affairs, animal advocacy, or pro-liberty causes.
Why You Want This Job: WCW is a taxpayer watchdog and bipartisan coalition of 3 million liberty lovers and animal lovers. WCW was the first organization to expose Dr. Fauci’s beagle experiments and runs the #BeagleGate campaign to end them. WCW was also the first to expose U.S. taxpayer funding for animal experiments at the Wuhan lab — the suspected source of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Glenn Greenwald says: “More than any other group, it is WCW that has elevated the cause of stopping these horrific government experimentations on dogs and puppies into the mainstream political conversation.” BuzzFeed says WCW “is writing a controversial new activist playbook — and it’s unclear whether anyone can control the forces that it has helped to unleash.”
Our high-profile campaigns at the Dept. of Veterans Affairs, USDA, FDA, NIH, EPA, and more, have cut government experimentation on dogs and cats to its lowest-ever level and secured the first-ever federal policies to retire and release survivors. WCW was honored as the Public Affairs Campaign of the Year by the American Association of Political Consultants and awarded the LUSH Prize as the world’s top public awareness campaign about animal testing. Our work has been featured on the front cover of USA Today, the New York Times, NBC, Fox News, Time, People, Science Magazine, and many more.
The Research and Investigations Assistant is responsible for specific duties that include (but aren’t limited to) the following:
- Document Management: Follow a routine, standard operating procedure to process PDF documents including OCR/segmentation methods, searching, and collection of pertinent data, etc.
- Research and Investigations: Dig through online resources for photographs, videos, compelling details, and other mission-critical information such as spending, and academic and scientific data to help WCW tell stories about wasteful government spending on animal abuse.
- Database Management: enter data obtained through Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) investigations into our databases.
- Analytic Summarization: review and summarize documents to include scientific and academic publications and facilitate collaboration and integration with your teammates in other departments.
- Miscellaneous: Additional relevant duties, as assigned.
A competitive candidate will have the following background, knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Experience (academic, professional, and/or internship) in issue advocacy, research and investigation, grassroots campaigns, journalism, nonprofit organizations, Capitol Hill, and/or political campaigns.
- Demonstrated interest in public policy, animal advocacy/protection, pro-liberty causes, transparency, and accountability in government, and/or politics.
- Strong attention to detail, focus, and ability to proactively anticipate our research needs.
- Critical thinking skills. You’re able to identify and resolve problems quickly and spot opportunities to advance our goals.
- Problem-solving skills. You have an inquisitive nature and a deep appreciation of the importance of methods —- i.e., routine, standard operating procedures.
- Data-driven. Ability to handle large quantities of government documents and data without intimidation.
- Excellent written skills. You don’t miss the main point or “bury the lede” in your writing…ever.
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Entrepreneurial “take charge” spirit and a positive attitude. You must be an independent, proactive self-starter and relish a startup work culture.
- Washington, DC metro-area candidates preferred.
Compensation: This is a full-time, work-from-home/anywhere, salaried position that includes vacation/personal days, health benefits, and a 401K opportunity. Salary is commensurate with experience; the pay range starts at $35,000.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, references, and salary requirements to email@example.com with the Subject line: Research and Investigations Assistant. Please note: we will only consider applicants who submit all of these requirements.